This summer, Theresa Duong (jewellery aficionado, my partner in crime, succulent sister, fellow self-proclaimed “Grandma”) and I decided to turn our shared obsession with succulents and books into something creative and productive. Our collection of plants lining our bedroom window sills, and in my case overflowing on the coffee table, needed an outlet other than the obsessive drawings inside my sketchbook. We decided to team up and create jewellery and zines that combined our love for books and plants to debut at Canzine Toronto 2014.
New products that debuted yesterday were:
- Succulent necklaces
- Succulent earrings
- Succulent pins
- Succulent jewellery process zine
- Q1 & Q2: 8-page photo zines of photographs taken at Kew Gardens in London, England
- Affectionate Portraits: succulent colouring book featuring drawings of my family of plants
- Woodcut Succulent Blossom Coasters
- Woodcut Succulent Blossom Pin
- Woodcut Airplants Pin
It was lovely to see all the friends that dropped by, and to meet so many fellow creatives and art appreciators!